Member Support Specialist
Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Member Support Specialist to join and help assist our 70+ million members. In this role you will use customer service skills and platform knowledge to answer questions and concerns for our users.
You are thoughtful, empathetic, and understanding with the ability to guide users through problems or issues. You have extensive experience working with others to solve problems in a clear, concise, and respectful way! Your role will be to help Chess.com members solve their problems. We get thousands of support requests each day and you will need to either find their answer, or resolve their issue. You will use your own computer to login to our support system and resolve tickets. You will also be expected to help test new features and document bugs, etc. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
- Using our ticketing system you will respond to users issues and concerns with timeliness and detail
- You will identify feature bugs or concerns and report them to relevant teams
- You will be on the lookout for harassment and foul-play
- Handle high amounts of incoming tickets
- Identify and evaluate customers’ needs to deliver satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive discussion
- Manage complaints, provide proper solutions and options within the time limits; follow up to secure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Some proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative
- Customer orientation and capacity to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and control time effectively
- Completed high school
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!