Senior Java Engineer
Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join and help make chess more fun and enjoyable for our 70+ million members. In this role you will use your software programming skills to maintain a seamless platform experience.
You take pride in writing high-quality, high-performance code, and enjoy working with a team of awesome developers. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess! We have served more than two BILLION chess games, and we need you to help take us to 10 billion and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with service-based architecture and cloud native apps to maintain system efficiency and security
- You will write code. A lot of it!
- Strong knowledge of Java 11+
- Practice in building cloud native applications
- Passionate about delivering high-quality code
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL storages (e.g. Mysql, DynamoDB)
- Eagerness to constantly develop and learn new things
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with message logs (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Redis)
- Experience in writing software running at scale
- Understanding of functional programming (Reactor would be nice!)
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!