Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join and help lead initiatives that make chess more fun and enjoyable for our 70+ million members. In this role you will use your engineering and DevOps skills to bring data from our players to our internal teams.
You are a data nerd with strong engineering skills. You have built and maintained data pipelines in production at large scale (We are a top-200 website) and you are able to make technology decisions about tooling and operations. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
- Implement data pipelines from our many data sources into our data warehouse
- Build and support data aggregations and ensure data quality in our data warehouse
- Protect our players PII and help support data compliance across our data stack
- Build and support tools for our internal teams to use to run experiments and access data
- Support query design and query review and enable team members to share data
- We have a MASSIVE amount of games to store
- We have a MASSIVE amount of analysis being done on games
- We have a MASSIVE amount of activity to be logged and parsed for social feeds and product optimization
- Experience building and supporting data pipelines
- Experience with Dataflow & BigQuery or similar technology
- Experience with SQL and multiple databases (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!