Senior Data Analyst
Chess.com is the platform of choice for tens of millions of chess players in 165 countries and in 70 languages! We are one of the largest gaming sites in the world where over 15 million games of chess are played daily by players who are deeply engaged in our playing and learning products. We have 300+ team members who work remotely across the world to make chess more fun and rewarding for our 60+ million users. We are the stewards of a game that has been growing in popularity every year for the past 1500 years, and we take that responsibility seriously. Chess deserves the very best, and we strive to deliver that.
You love data. And you have great experience with the types of data questions relevant to a SaaS/gaming business (retention, engagement, monetization, cohort analysis etc.).
Moreover, you love what data tells you, and you are eager to get your hands on the treasure trove of Chess.com data to see what you can learn about the game, the players, and the business.
You’re looking to use your skills to work at a company that you actually care about (and that actually cares about you!). You are a seasoned analyst with intuitive strategic, communication and presentation skills.
What You’ll Do
- Dive into our data to discover insights into subscriber trends, player behavior, and user segments
- Identify KPIs and generate reports to help inform our monetization strategy, marketing initiatives, and product roadmap
- Make data-driven strategic and operational recommendations across the entire organization
- 5+ years of data analytics experience
- Experience with customer lifecycle analysis typical of SaaS and/or Gaming companies (retention, engagement, monetization, cohort analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of running A/B tests, building models, and creating dashboards
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Some technical data skills (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with background in statistics
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants who can work in the USA or Canada
You can learn more about us here: