Head of Business Development / Sales
Chess.com is the platform of choice for tens of millions of chess players! We are one of the largest gaming sites in the world where over 15 million games of chess are played daily by players who are deeply engaged in our playing and learning products. Our content is seen by millions of fans in more than a dozen languages. We host the world’s top chess players participating in the most exciting online chess events (Speed Chess Championship, PRO Chess League, PogChamps). Chess is blowing up and we need your help to capitalize on that growth.
About the Position
We are looking to hire our first Head of Business Development to:
- Source, evaluate and drive a range of new bizdev opportunities to guide our positioning in the market, yield revenue and grow our fanbase.
- Manage several key aspects of our sponsor and partner programs (Twitch, Coinbase, etc), to drive as much sponsorship revenue as possible for our largest events.
- Manage our key relationships with existing sponsors and partners. Chess.com is integrally connected to the broader chess community: successful ecosystem execution is essential to our success.
- You are a strategic thinker who knows how to execute complex bizdev, has superb communication skills, thrives in unstructured and fast-paced environments, and wants to own a full plate of complex and strategic opportunities.
- You enjoy figuring out new business ecosystems and driving tangible outcomes through smarts, tenacity and teamwork.
- You like being relied upon to get things done, are polished with negotiations and executive-level relationship-building and have a very high level of business acumen.
- 7+ years of bizdev / sales experience in consumer, tech, gaming, etc
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Chess player (bonus)
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants who can work in the USA