Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the clear #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 335+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with more than 80 million players having chosen Chess.com as their online chess home, and a large base of happy premium subscribers.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love chess and language. You are either familiar with chess terms or are comfortable with working with jargon in disciplines less familiar to you. You have strong writing skills and are able to capture the author’s original feel and tone in translation.
What you’ll do
- Translate news and articles from English to Indonesian for Chess.com
- [Bonus] Create original written chess content
- Fluency in English and Indonesian
- Strong translation skills
- Sound chess knowledge
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is open to full-time, part-time, or contract positions
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!