Business Associate, Monetization
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the clear #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 370+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with more than 80 million players having chosen Chess.com as their online chess home, and a large base of happy premium subscribers.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game of chess. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You are passionate about growing and monetizing businesses, particularly in the B2C digital space. You enjoy thinking strategically, but are looking for a position that requires you to roll up your sleeves and execute. You are super analytical, fluent in spreadsheets and comfortable using data to make business decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting directly to the SVP of Monetization, you will help grow our subscription and advertising revenue streams
- Implement subscriber acquisition, retention and winback campaigns
- Optimize our end-to-end subscriber commerce journey
- Update pricing on web and app stores, customized by country
- Help manage Chess.com’s advertising revenue stream
- Track key business insights
- Conduct competitive research and analysis
- Collaborate with our Engagement, Growth, CRM, Product, Design, Data and Finance teams
- 2 - 5 years experience in management consulting, corporate strategy and/or business analysis or development, ideally in the B2C digital space
- Understanding of consumer subscription businesses
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (always have been!)
- This is open to applicants from all time zones across the contiguous US
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!