Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Frontend Developer to join and help create a smooth and user-friendly platform for our 70+ million members. In this role you will use your coding expertise and design skills to build and maintain our platform.
You are a master of coding languages with a designer's eye for detail. You know how to see through the eyes of the user and develop a smooth platform experience. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
- Through a combination of design, technology, and programming to code you will ensure our platform is a seamless experience
- You will maintain the system by identifying and fixing bugs
- You will collaborate with design and development teams to implement new features and products.
- Expert level CSS knowledge including Flexbox and Grid layout
- Expert level CSS preprocessor knowledge including SCSS
- Familiar with local scope CSS strategies such as Scoped CSS and CSS Variables
- Ability to create pixel perfect, fully responsive design implementations with minimal CSS
- Works well with others doing PRs, code reviews, etc
- Experience working with diverse teams, large projects, and high-traffic sites is a bonus
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!