Social Media Assistant
Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Social Media Assistant to join and help be our voice to connect with our 70+ million members. In this role you will help to engage with our users and assist in new strategies to expand our message.
You are a social media guru! You love to connect with others and build a community. You eat, sleep, and breathe social media; it’s like a first language to you! You are well versed across all platforms and have a knack for maintaining specific brand awareness. You are super ahead of the trends and know what’s cool before it’s cool. You love chess and care about our community. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
What You’ll Do
- Create hilarious chess memes that our audience will love
- Engaging with the chess community by replying to tweets, running social media contests, engaging with influencers and streamers, etc.
- Promoting and live-tweeting our events
- Promoting all the wonderful parts of Chess.com including our lessons, celebrity bots, articles, and more
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and other social media best practices
- A strong knowledge of the chess world and community (this is a must!)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using content management platforms such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck
- Knowledge of graphic design programs such as Photoshop/Canva
- Video editing skills (Premiere Pro/Final Cut), not required but a plus
- Flexible schedule (you’ll mostly be helping out on weekends)
About the Opportunity
- This opportunity is for full-time, part-time, or contract positions
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!