Director of Security
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the clear #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 335+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with more than 80 million players having chosen Chess.com as their online chess home, and a large base of happy premium subscribers.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You have experience leading cybersecurity roadmap and budget for a medium to large scale business. You are resourceful and tactical in your abilities to identify problems and solve them seamlessly. You are able to develop and grow others as you build out security discipline across many teams. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Evaluate all current security practices and develop roadmap and prioritization methodology for:
- Application Security
- Network & Infrastructure Security
- Corporate & IT Security
- Partner with teams and leaders across the organization to execute the security roadmap
- Evaluate and engage appropriate resources to conduct periodic scans and audits
- Evaluate and update security policies including GDPR, CCPA, COPPA
- Day to day management of dedicated security engineers
- 10+ years of professional experience in information security
- Experience leading a technical team
- Familiarity with industry security standards
- Desired certifications for this role include: CISSP, CISM, CEH, or similar
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!