Lead Security Engineer
Chess.com is the #1 place on the internet to play chess and improve your game. We have members in 195 countries and appear in 70+ languages. We are looking for a Security Engineering Lead to join and help protect the privacy and security of our 70+ million members. In this role you will use your expert leadership skill to manage a small engineering team whose mission is to protect our players from bad actors.
You are resourceful and tactical in your abilities to identify problems and solve them seamlessly. You have experience leading cybersecurity teams enhancing quick-thinking abilities in others to foresee issues before they arise. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess!
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and evolve the Chess.com Bug Bounty program, through which we work with the community to identify and close security vulnerabilities on our platform
- Help our developer teams to ship safer code to begin with - through education, tooling, or both
- Strengthen our tools and systems to prevent spammers, abusers, and other bad actors from ruining the experience for other players
- Provide input to product decisions where account security or privacy are relevant considerations
- Ensure our compliance with GDPR and other applicable privacy regulations
- 5+ years of professional experience in information security
- Experience leading a technical team
- Familiarity with industry security standards
- CISSP or related certificate is a plus
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
This is a full time or equivalent position
We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!