Senior Data Analyst
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the clear #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 335+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with more than 80 million players having chosen Chess.com as their online chess home, and a large base of happy premium subscribers.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love data. And you have great experience with the types of data questions relevant to a SaaS/gaming business (retention, engagement, monetization, cohort analysis etc.).
Moreover, you love what data tells you, and you are eager to get your hands on the treasure trove of Chess.com data to see what you can learn about the game, the players, and the business.
You’re looking to use your skills to work at a company that you actually care about (and that actually cares about you!). You are a seasoned analyst with intuitive strategic, communication and presentation skills.
What You’ll Do
- Dive into our data to discover insights into subscriber trends, player behavior, and user segments
- Identify KPIs and generate reports to help inform our monetization strategy, marketing initiatives, and product roadmap
- Make data-driven strategic and operational recommendations across the entire organization
- 5+ years of data analytics experience
- Experience with customer lifecycle analysis typical of SaaS and/or Gaming companies (retention, engagement, monetization, cohort analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of running A/B tests, building models, and creating dashboards
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Some technical data skills (e.g. SQL, Python, Tableau, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree, preferably with background in statistics
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants who can work in the USA or Canada
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!