Director of German
Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the clear #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 335+ fully remote people in 45+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are also growing fast, with more than 80 million players having chosen Chess.com as their online chess home, and a large base of happy premium subscribers.
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love chess and love spreading the joy of chess to new communities. You love people and are effective in working with team members and helping them to achieve their best. You are organized and able to manage projects across multiple departments.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of talented chess creators and contributors.
- Work with media, creators and organizers to spread chess.
- Ensure the German community has an outstanding experience on Chess.com and it’s associated channels.
- Strong understanding of successful chess content on various platforms
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Meets deadlines
- Chess player
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere, but ideal candidates are likely to be in or near Germany.
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!